Friday, January 23, 2009

Hearts and Bones


Hearts and Bones - Paul Simon

Today marked the beginning of the two week countdown for our departure. So far I've managed to stuff most of the clothes I won't be taking/wearing before then into garbage bags (totally the best way to move clothes because you can squish them around everything else in the trunk) and made an extensive list of everything I might like to pack, but mostly I get distracted and try to play this song on the guitar. I call every song I like my "favorite" but this one is definitely in the running for favorite for reals. It is my pre-Mexico soundtrack.
I am starting to feel anxious about saying goodbye to people because some of my really good friends are going to graduate in the spring and this is potentially the last weekend I have to hang out with them. Even though there is still another week of classes and papers left, it feels like my time at Linfield is over. However, I am really excited to go home to say goodbye to the family and the bestest. I miss them a lot.
Two weeks. That doesn't seem like nearly enough time to pack up this room, let alone mentally prepare myself for living in a foreign country. The host family part is probably the most daunting (besides getting through customs just because hello airport stress)
Things I know about my family
1. The father, Alberto Antonio, is self-employed in some way or another
2. The mother, Clara Virgen, is a homemaker and seven years younger than her husband
3. Their daughter, Stefany, is twelve.
4. I will probably have the upstairs to myself, a living area in addition to my bedroom.
5. They are Jehovah's Witnesses.
That is not a lot to know about the people you are going to be living with for the next 3.5 months. But I am sure things will work out and be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment